Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Consciousness...

zucchini
Zucchini plant climbing the
hurricane fence in my yard.
I have a few more of these, along with climbing pea plants, in a raised bed in my garden. To say that these plants are climbing "instinctively" is an insult to Nature and displays the limitations of empirical thinking.

There is no such thing as instinct. Every living organism is conscious, and all "decisions," even on the cellular level, are just that: intelligent decisions that either further propagation or actively move further from it. The idea that an organism needs a brain to act intelligently is another narrow viewpoint that science itself will one day repudiate, as advances on the nanophysical level are made.

 I would go further and say that all physical matter is conscious as well, but I'll save that for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What you think?