Monday, July 2, 2012

Beer, my faithful companion.

foamy beer, tasty, beer is my friendBeer has been a remarkably reliable beverage for me. It was my first alcoholic libation, at the tender age of 15. I abused my friend many times when young, with the end result of upchucking violently a short time later, and paying a heavy price the following morning. But beer always welcomed me back with open arms. Not so with crueler liquors like Southern Comfort or gin, which  poisoned my body to such an extent that I swore them off for life.
But not my faithful friend beer....

Bored? Have a beer. Watching the ballgame? Beer is waiting. Your friend says he or she will be a few minutes late to the cafe/bar/restaurant/funeral home you're waiting at? By all means, have some suds...everything is okay, or at least not so bad, when you've got a tasty brew in front of you.

I'm sure there are people who feel less stressed, sleep better at night or have a warm, fuzzy feeling knowing they have a stockpile of arms and ammo in their closet, an ample nestegg mix of stocks and securities in their portfolio, or just sigh with contentment watching their small children sleep peacefully in their little beds.
Me? If I have a 12-pack on ice, I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What you think?